Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hands On

I guess I need to make a slight clarification...apparently when I said "I made bread by hand" there was a bit of ambiguity there. I realize now that I might have given the impression I used only my hands to make the bread...

So here's what really happened...I put the flour in a bowl with the yeast and the salt. Then I took a big spoon and stirred it up. After it was mixed up pretty good I made a little well in the center and dumped in some of the water. Then I took the big spoon and started pulling flour into the water, stir, pull in some flour, stir, pull in some flour, stir, and more water, stir, stir, stir. Eventually it started to become dough and I couldn't really stir so I used the spoon to just kind of moved the dough around in the bowl. Then I did the kneading bit with my actual hands.

In order to make up for my lack of clarity I figured I should make some bread using only my actual hands. I could copy and paste the previous paragraph to right here then replace "stir" with "squish", but I think I will just let you pretend that's what I did. It worked, but I think the spoon did a better job and my hands were less messy. It turned out to be considerably less messy than I expected, but yeah the spoon is better.

Anyway the results were pretty much the same, so I guess since the bread doesn't seem to have a preference I will stick to using the spoon.


I am also going to need to work on some more creative ways to photograph all this bread...

No comments:

Post a Comment