Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Contrast

I made bread! Yeah I know I said that before, but this time it is the real deal.

Before I get into that I should probably talk about the other thing I made that was most definitely not bread. It was supposed to be San Francisco Sourdough...it was something more like a brick. I am pretty sure that I didn't screw anything up, so I am assuming that I don't have a good starter. I guess I need to decide if I should start over, or if I should try to strengthen what I have going already...hmm.


Now for something completely different...

Last night I did something new...I guess if you want to get really technically what I did was actually "old", but it was certainly a first for me. I made bread completely by hand...no electric mixer. It was pretty fun actually and I managed to do it without making a huge mess. I only made a half batch so I am sure that made things a bit easier. In order to make the baking process go as quick as possible tonight I went ahead and shaped the loaf last night before sticking it in the fridge. As I left work I called and had my assistant take the dough out of the fridge and fire up the oven. A couple of hours after I got home there was some really great bread quickly disappearing from the cutting board.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment